Featured Post

Rain Puddles Design Privacy Policy (Click for entire post)

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now, you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects da...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Hunt for Chalk Paint and the LOVE of Wallpaper challenge!


My sister made me do it. Well, I haven't started it, but soon I'm going to use THE Annie Sloan chalk paint. I received a little goodie box a few weeks ago from my sister with some supplies to encourage me to get the family furniture painted, namely the Gentleman's' wardrobe handed down from my grandma Parthina.

I did a Google search, found a local Stockist and my daughter and I went on a trip to this super small shop that was filled with wallpaper books, wallpaper rolls, wallpaper samples and a honorary chalk painted hutch for THE Annie Sloan line of chalk paints and supplies. Loved learning the steps to get the paint job done and to know that I can go buy more if I run out of my sample pot(s), but I was really intrigued by all the wallpaper designs.

So the mixers on Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability forum are in for a treat with the new challenge starting this Friday (5/13/2016) because of my little trip to the wallpaper store. We are on an Inspiration Wallpaper hunt with MIX172!

Here are two wallpaper pins that started me down my challenge way.


And here is the card I made.


I used a cut and emboss plate by Cuttlebug in the Anna Griffin line called Bramble Flower. The cuts came from monoprints I had on hand in yellow green, scarlet and rose colors.


Then layers of mediums were added. Watercolor, gold metallic marker, paint markers, white gel pens. The background is Ken Oliver Ultramarine Blue Color Burst, a lot of water and paper towel to texture it. I few squirts of a water bottle was the last texture added.


All was glued together with super tacky i{stick}papers tape (mega roll of tacky red tape) The sentiment is stamped normal papercrafter style black ink on white paper and a snipped end for a pennant look.


Come join us for 

MIX172: Inspiration Wallpaper!

on Splitcoaststampers



Details:
Stamps: Hand Lettered Encouragement (Simon Says Stamps)
Paper: Kraft (Neenah), watercolor 90 lb paper, sulphite white
Ink: Memento™ Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko), paint pens (Derwent and Elmers), gold metallic marker (American Crafts), Signo white gel pen (Uni-ball)
Accessories: Creative Palette (Stampendous), Flower Bramble 5"x7" Die By Anna Griffin (Cuttlebug®), seam binding ribbon (Smug Hug), antique cotton thread, i {Stick} papers tape (i {heart} papers etsy store)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in today and leaving me a comment! It brightens up my day!

I moderate all of your lovely comments, so if you don't see yours publish right away it's in my Inbox waiting to be read.

Have a wonderful day!